Leaving No Nigerian Behind
The New HIV Vaccine and Microbicides Advocacy Society and its partners (TIERS, ICARH, YouthRISE, NSWA, PATA, Heartland Alliance and JAAIDS) recently launched a campaign focused on ensuring no Nigerian is left behind in the HIV response through its Leaving No Nigerian Behind (#LeNNiB) campaign. NHVMAS does not have any funding support for any project now. However, NHVMAS thinks this is not a reason to seat down and continue to look at the deteriorating state of the HIV response. This is in view of the possibility that Nigeria will simply be left behind if we do not collectively act and make stakeholders in the country become accountable for delivering on their promises and the global 2020 and 2030 target..
- NHVMAS will write official letters to all stakeholders involved in the HIV response to demand for accountability on specific projects that they are implementing
- NHVMAS will expect you as its partners to copy or adapt this letter and send the same to these organisations on your letter heads asking them to be accountable to the public for their actions. If you are not comfortable using your letterhead, please feel free to resend the letter using the NHVMAS copy of the letter or copy the content of the letter in an email and send to the respective organisations.
- NHVMAS also requests that you send the same mail to partners and request them to do the same and demand from the Nigerian actors to be accountable for the commitments to the HIV response. We also request that you ask your partners to the mail with their partners and request them to do the same thing. We need the large numbers and a thunderous clamour for accountability to enable Nigeria make the 2020 and 2030 targets. NHVMAS counts on you for this critical action.
- NHVAMS will share #WeDemand and #LeNNiB posts on Facebook and Twitter, while mentioning these organizations
- We expect that all partners and individuals concerned about the deteriorating state of the HIV response in Nigeria copy our post and share on their social media platform.
- If you are not comfortable about “owning” the post, you can share by retweeting or sharing on Twitter and Facebook respectively.
- Kindly follow NHVMAS on Twitter @nhv_mas and like our page on Facebook, www.facebook.com/nhvmas.
LeNNiB Discussion Forum
OVERVIEW New HIV Vaccine and Microbicide Advocacy Society (NHVMAS) is happy to announce the Call for Applications for the 2018 batch of the Leaving No Nigerian Behind (LeNNiB) Champions Mentorship Programme. The LeNNiBprogramme is a community centered advocacy...read more
The pioneer set of LeNNiB champions under the NHVMAS HIV prevention academy 2017, you deserve respect and admiration. You have clearly succeeded – even excelled – in this exceptionally dynamic and demanding training environment. As I look out from this...read more
Checked my email inbox as usual and received a congratulatory message that my application to be a Leaving No Nigerian Behind (LeNNib) Champion was successful and I was to begin my 6 months training in the LeNNib mentorship program organized by New HIV Vaccine and...read more
NHVMAS is glad to present to the world our very first LeNNiB Champions. The LeNNiB Champions Mentorship application closed on Friday the 13th of January, 2017 with 138 applications in our database. Most of them, from outside Lagos. An assessment criteria was developed to review all the applications before 10 of the very first set of NHVMAS LeNNiB Champions were selected. Training of the LeNNiB champions commenced on the 20th of January, 2017.read more
New HIV Vaccine and Microbicide Advocacy Society (NHVMAS) is happy to announce the Call for Applications for the Leaving No Nigerian Behind (LeNNiB) Champions Mentorship Programme. The LeNNiB programme is a community centered advocacy programme that is focused on empowering young people through trainings and mentorship, to make significant changes in their various communities and environment while addressing the HIV prevention needs of community members.read more
The New HIV Vaccine and Microbicides Advocacy Society and its partners recently launched a campaign focused on ensuring no Nigerian is left behind in the HIV response through its Leaving No Nigerian Behind (LeNNiB) campaign. As part of its campaign the team is also...read more